The two trekkers

I met Viral the other day while trekking. He caught up with me as I walking on the main road barefoot - my floater and my foot were not getting along well. I wanted to reach the base camp fast and he came up near me and started walking and talking. Since he was walking at my speed, I did not mind.

Viral is a 20 year old and as he walked he told me his story. Viral is engaged to Neelam - also 20 years old. Like any good Gujarati - they get married young. But thats not the story. 

Viral is no great looker. He does not have a great body. He is just your boy next door - studying homeopathy - aspiring to become a doctor and setting up his own practice. He is an active kid - plays football, cycles and often does treks. Viral said, Neelam loves to trek, play tennis and stay active. She also, hold your breath, loves snakes. 
He said, they know each other since they were 5 years old, studied together, played together and fell in love - proposed, spoke to their parents - who agreed and now at 20 they are engaged- to get married in a couple of years. They are both studying now...

I told him this is a dream come true for you. Not sure if you realize this, but many people go through life wanting to have a love story like this. Where you meet your dream lover early on, and live your life from childhood with her and go on to lead a life.

As I spoke to him, I thought, many things happen on the way for others - sometimes, you never have the guts to approach the one you love, sometimes the person you choose is a disaster, sometimes the person who approach turns you down, sometimes you choose the wrong person in a fit of infatuation, sometimes you realize it is all wrong sooner or later, sometimes circumstances separate you, sometimes worse things happen and sometimes you lead your life waiting for that one person…This is just how life is - what happens while you are busy making other plans. 

Of course, I did not tell him all this, but I told him, you are incredibly lucky.

The next day, he introduced me to Neelam. And thats when it fell into place. Neelam is an ordinary girl. Her looks wont turn your head. She does not carry herself fashionably or dress to impress.

It was a 5 second introduction. I wont probably meet them again in life. 

And this is what I liked about their story. It is just that. An ordinary love story. A story of two people - who are not special  - but special for each other. They look simple, they come with no frills attached, no fame, no glamour, nothing…they just like each other…and they like each other at the point they nothing - no fame, no money, no qualifications, just them...



I hope they see this with gratitude - because they have what many others never get...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time

On Techno savviness

Brown