The little one

I had to collect jewellery over the weekend. Morning when she replied to my message, I responded
Willl be there in 5 minutes I messaged her. 

It was early in the morning and I did not expect the lil one to be awake. I thought i would collect the jewellery, 30 seconds and go off. We reached the place. Kids said, expecting an affirmative, can we stay in the car. I said yes, 30 seconds. 

I went. The grandmother opened the door. Murali said hi. Charu appeared with the lil one and handed over the jewellery. the lil one knows me. she saw me. Took a few seconds for her RAM to register. She smiled, went into her mother with shyness as all children react, did that once more. What she did after that surprised me. She leaned towards me, as if to say, carry me with so much smiles…Now, who can say no to that and why? So much excitement to see me - my god…was i in seventh heaven?

So I happily took her with me, walked around a bit and came back. When Charu called - she refused to go back. My kids called her into the car, she refused. Finally, I asked Charu to see if I can take her for a short drive till the end of the road and asked if she can come into the car. They came in and the lilone was jumping with joy…as she walked back, the lilone kept looking back and I waved to her - i could catch her waving in the rear view mirror. 

I watched her till she turned away...

The connect she has with me is incredible. Sure, she is generally a very sociable child, but the way she reacts to me and is comfortable with me has been something else. She happily comes with me, plays with me, smiles, gets excited, imitates…my god…there are times, I wish I met her more often…Reactions like these from her make my day…I guess she touches me at my soul...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time

On Techno savviness

Brown