Creativity as I grew up

I remember having names for the water fell. If the water from the tap fell in agitated manner it had a name (that of a grand uncle I was scared of), if the water fell in a calm manner it had a different name (that of a cousin I liked).

I had my own words for certain things - which I did not had a name. For instance - the smaller of the windows on the rear of a bus had a name. The heel of a shoe had a name. 

I could see peoples faces for vehicles. For instance, a long distance train looked like a person with droopy eyelids (it resembled an old lady in our building). The front windows of the top deck of a double deck looked like someone else (I forget who).

I used to win caption contests (not a lot). I could think out of the box when it came to solving some small problem (most often the solution was useless or impractical or both). 

I would make tons of things on paper, using old train card tickets, papier mache...

I thought i was zero in creativity. Negative strokes from my drawing teacher did not help at all (until in 8th standard, a drawing of mine made it to the notice board - fluke i thought). My paper craft was always good (but this teacher was a termagant, so that did not count).



But at heart, I had no idea i was a creative person. That Jambavan moment would come in much much later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time

On Techno savviness

Brown